Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

#177 At Worship




This week’s theme is at worship.  I previous blogged about John Elliott, Apostle to the Indians (see the link on the right) so I needed another idea.  Several years ago, I visited Koblenz, Germany, where in the early1800’s my 4th great grandparents, Heinrich and Christinae (Brucker) Eitelbach lived.

What I know about them comes from the Family Search website.    Heinrich was born on February 6, 1807 and Christina, in 1811.  They were married on February 10, 1834 at the LIEBFRAUEN KATHOLISCH (Church of Our Dear Lady)  in Koblenz and their 5 children:  Catharina Eitelbach (1834 – unknown); Nicolaus Joseph Eitelbach (1835 –unknown); Petrus Eitelbach (1836 – unknown); Margaretha Petronella Eitelbach (1838 –unknown) and Joannes Adamus Eitelbach (1839 –unknown) were baptized in that church.

Here are some of the pictures that I took of the church.

Main Aisle




Altar where they may have been married
Altar detail


Baptismal Fount
Fount Detail


Statue of Our Lady


Tower

I would like to talk to Henrich and Christina about there experiences with the church.  Did they attend every Sunday?  What was their wedding like?  


No comments:

Post a Comment