Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Monday, February 11, 2019

#167 Love



This week’s theme is love.  How appropriate for Valentine’s Day.  One way to express love on Valentine's Day is by sending cards.  I have some vintage postcards that were sent to my father when he was six or seven so I thought I would use them for this blog.


The first one is from a woman, named Nellie.  She wrote”

Dear Richards:  Do you remember a year ago when I was with you, helping you send note to all your Valentines? I hope you receive as may and much more this year. “





















This one has no message but from the handwriting, I think it came from his mother.  At the bottom of the card it says:  “When looking for someone to love you a lot, I’m hoping you will Forget-me-not.”


















This last one is not signed, but came from Auburn, New York, so I think it might have been sent by one of his aunts, who lived there.  The rhyme on the card reads:  “My Heart is small, but it is true, and I will offer it to you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment