Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Sunday, May 13, 2018

#127 Mother's Day





It should be no surprise that the theme for this week is Mother's Day.  I have two other blogs on this theme: Happy Mother's Day and Happy Mother's Day Maria Huelster so it was time to figure out what to do now.  I have lots and lots of mothers in my tree, but somehow blogging about them was not what I wanted to do.  When I think about mothers, I think about my mother and my grandmothers so I wanted to focus on them.  Also wanted to be able to use  pictures and was delighted that I could find some taken when I was a baby.

Here is one of me and my mother in Prospect Park.





 Next is my Nana, Regina Minarcik Eitelbach, holding me.


 Here is my Granny, Gertrude Richards Hannah, also holding me.



My great grandmother Oma, Maria Huelster Eitelbach also would come to visit,and here she is with me on her lap.


And last here is one of my Oma, Nana, my Mother and me.  I just love their hats.



What an amazing group of women.  I was so fortunately to have them in my life and miss them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment