Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

#117--Shoes, Shoes, Shoes





This week’s 52Ancestors’ Challenge is heirlooms.  That works so well for me as I come from a sentimental family that passes things down from generation to generation.  One of my most unique heirlooms is a set of shoe catalogs.  My grandfather, William D. Hannah, manufactured shoes.  As far as I can tell, in the early parts of the 20th century, the way in which shoes, and other things, were advertised was through catalogs. I am very fortunate that I have some of them.

This is one of my favorites.  I really like the women in the shoe, pulled by that big butterfly.

While I am not sure when this one came out, I think it is very "Roaring Twenties,"  


 And here is a cute young woman who looks to me like she is about to dance in a show.



If I could talk to my grandfather, I would ask about who designed the catalogs, where they were sent, and why he kept these particular ones.  



No comments:

Post a Comment