Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Friday, December 4, 2015

#76 Cochrane--Thank You Cousin Addie


The theme for this week is Thanksgiving.  Those who know me know that I have a collection of postcards.  Most of them are from places that my family or I have visited. Buying postcards before the advent of digital cameras was one way to insure that you had a image of the sights that you had seen. However, I also have holiday postcards and those are most special to me because they were sent to my father, when he was a little post.

I have several Thanksgiving cards;

This one is my favorite.  It was sent to my father in 1909 by his cousin, Addie Cochrane.  


I also have some other Thanksgiving cards.  I like this one because it combines the traditional colonial woman and boy with a turkey.


Turkeys seem to typify Thanksgiving.  Here is another card with a turkey featured on it.



I am grateful that my family kept these cards and that I am able to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment