Welcome to my genealogy blog. Ancestors I Wish I Knew is a combination of genealogical information and stories about individuals in my family tree. The focus is on those from my Cochrane, Eitelbach, Merrett, Minarcik and Richards lines and their descendants.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#52 Eitelbach--Going for a Drive





Those who know me or who have read this blog know that I really like old photographs.  I have used them in this blog several times ( #19 Gertrude Richards--Who Are These People?;   #15 Memorial Day—Honoring Andrew McKee) .  I have them from my mother’s family as well as from my father’s.  So when it came to picking my favorite photo, I had a lot to pick from.  I am not sure I actually have a favorite, because I like them for various reasons, e.g. good story, great place, interesting people, etc.

I have always liked this picture of my grandfather, Walter Eitelbach, taking his family for a drive, probably a Sunday drive.  The date on the license plate is 1914.  That is my grandfather at the wheel with my grandmother, Regina, behind him.  Peeking out from the back seat is my mother.  I do not know who the other man and woman are, but my best guess is that is one of his brothers.  Since my grandfather had five brothers, I do not know which one it is.

If I could talk to my grandfather, I would have a lot of questions?  Where were they going?  Did they go for a lot of rides?  What kind of car is that?  How much did it cost?  How did he learn to drive?  Also who took the picture?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary,

    I'm reaching out to let you know about a fun contest we just started called "Guess My Family Heritage Blogathon Contest." http://crestleaf.com/blog/enter-win-guess-family-heritage-blogathon-contest/

    As you know, posting photos of ancestors online can help you and your readers learn something new and even connect the dots to identify long-lost relatives. This contest encourages bloggers like you to post photos and have your readers guess your family heritage for fun. It should also entice discussion on your blogs with readers and could potentially help you or others connect your/their family tree. In addition to these benefits, three lucky bloggers will be chosen to win Amazon gift cards totalling $250!

    I hope you can take part!

    Kind Regards,

    Mark Subel
    Chief Digital Officer
    http://crestleaf.com
    www.CrestLeaf.com
    614-440-4020
    mark@crestleaf.com
    Twitter: @Crestleaf
    Our Blog: Crestleaf.com/Blog
    ----
    About Us: Crestleaf.com (a Top 100 genealogy site by Genealogy in Time Magazine) is a free online family tree builder that has been used by tens of thousands of people to document their family history. Along with the family tree tool, we provide free access to 90 Million+ historical records.

    ReplyDelete